Skills First and JobTrainer – Victoria
Acknowledge Education Pty Ltd (trading as Front Cooking School), was awarded the 2020 Skills First Funding Contract for Victorian students. This means Acknowledge Education is able to offer training delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding to eligible individuals.
The Acknowledge Education VET courses that are available with funding are:
- SIT31016 Certificate III in Patisserie (JobTrainer positions available)
- SIT40716 Certificate IV in Patisserie
- SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management
Generally, you will be eligible if:
You meet one of the following citizen/residency statuses:
- Australian citizen
- the holder of a permanent visa
- a New Zealand citizen
and are any of the following:
- under 20 years of age (as at 1 January, 2020 in the year commencing training)
- over 20 years of age and undertaking a Foundation Skills course (as at 1 January, 2020 in the year commencing training)
- over 20 years of age and undertaking an apprenticeship (as at 1 January, 2020 in the year commencing training)
- over 20 years of age and ‘upskilling’ by undertaking a course at a higher level than your existing qualification
- you can physically attend to study at Front Cooking School
- you haven’t begun, and are not enrolled to begin, two or more other government-subsidised courses in 2020. (This means that you can start no more than two government-subsidised courses in this calendar year).
- you are not already doing two or more other government-subsidised courses. (This means that you can do no more than two government-subsidised courses at one time).
- you have not commenced two other government-subsidised courses at the same AQF level in your lifetime (this means you can only commence two government subsidised courses at the same AQF level in your lifetime)
There are some eligibility exclusions. To check full eligibility requirements in 2020 for government-subsidised training, please refer to the Victorian Skills Gateway.
You may be able to study a free or low-fee course through JobTrainer if you are:
- 17 to 24 years old when the course starts; or
- a job seeker of any age.
You must not have commenced a full qualification under JobTrainer before.
Please click here to view 2021 Skills First and JobTrainer Statement of Fees and Charges.